What Is Health Coaching?
Lorna studied and trained at Emory University which focuses on empowering the client to gain control of daily stressors to leave space for tackling the big issues in life. Making the decision to seek support in accomplishing daily tasks is the first step in taking control and choosing your outcome. This can be done in individual or group settings.
What Health Coaching Is:
- Active listening and open communication
- Proven goal-setting techniques which are manageable and time-based
- Talking through past successes and applying them to new challenges
- A holistic approach to reducing stress
What Health Coaching Is NOT:
- A nutrition or diet plan
- Advice on how to do something better
- Guidelines on how other people have been successful
- Spreadsheets, bullet points and power points (such as this bullet point!)
Lorna is also trained in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and utilizes these techniques to help her clients be more present and subsequently in control of what can be dealt with today. MBSR can be used to help with chronic pain and disease management (see my Healthspirations/Mindfulness tab for more info) and tons of research is underway to continue showing other benefits!
What Is Pranic Healing?
Pranic Healing is a form of energetic medicine which uses prana to balance the body's own energy processes to promote self-healing and centeredness. Find out more about pranic healing here. Lorna studies under Master Stephen Co who is a senior disciple and personal student of Grandmaster Choa Kok Sui, the founder of Pranic Healing. She has attended Level I, II, III, Crystal Healing and Arhatic Yoga under his direction. Click here to learn about the evidence-based medical research with pranic healing conducted by MD's, DO's and healers all around the world.
What Pranic Healing Is:
- A form of energetic healing with evidence-based research of it's safety and efficacy
- Complimentary care for healing and support
- Remote energetic cleansing of aura and chakras (no touching involved and can be done remotely)
- Safe and efficacious for all disease, pain and mental processes- only positive energy is supported and energized
What Pranic Healing Is NOT:
- Voodoo medicine with unfounded claims or promises
- A promise of cure for disease and ailments
- Manual touch for pain or disease regression
- Negative energetic attention or augmentation